Monday, May 11, 2009

Page 4: Clipping of a poem

I don't need to transcribe page 4 as it is typed and very readable. You may need to click on the image to make it more zoomed and easier to read. It is blank apart from having this clipping of a poem in it. Because of the blank page I am assuming that the poem was pasted in and the glue has warn off.



I won't scan the back of the clipping as it is half a story but it looks interesting, it seems to be a fictional account of a rogue farmhand stealing a horse.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this poem and especially the way that love could not be buried. Of course I think that the same conclusion can be said about both men and women in love but I don't think the poem is so much about gender as it is about love.

    I googled the poets name and the poem and nothing came up so I suspect it is a local newspaper and a local poet that didn't reach much fame. Pearl Rivers actually sounds like a writing pseudonym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in LOVE with that poem. It is amazing. Wow. When i started reading it I thought I had heard it before.. but as it went on I lost that feeling of familiarity. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Thoughts from a century ago transcribed by Nick Flight is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.